[Interest] QtQuick Controls: custom styling

Bache-Wiig Jens Jens.Bache-Wiig at digia.com
Fri May 17 00:36:51 CEST 2013

On May 16, 2013, at 11:44 PM, Josh Faust <jfaust at suitabletech.com> wrote:

> Is this expected? Is custom styling not a supported feature?
>
> Did some more digging, it looks like I should now be extending from the specific control's style, which works fine.
>
> However, there are some styles that do not exist in the qmldir. Is that on purpose for specific styles, or should all the styles exist in the qmldir? (The specific ones I've noticed are ToolBarStyle and ToolButtonStyle).

Yes. Not everything will be style capable in the first release. But keep in mind that ToolButton is pretty much simply  a custom styled Button, so there is not much point in exposing it when you can simply use a custom styled Button instead.
The ToolBarStyle and StatusBarStyle is also currently not needed in the public API since you can anyway use a custom QML item in their place.

Jens