[Interest] Q_PROPERTY notification across processes?

Thomas Sondergaard ts at medical-insight.com
Fri May 17 17:10:40 CEST 2013

On 17-05-2013 11:42, Mandeep Sandhu wrote:

> On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 9:55 AM, Constantin Makshin <cmakshin at gmail.com
> <mailto:cmakshin at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Charley said that in most cases his applications will be run on
>     different computers, so D-Bus won't help him since it doesn't work
>     over network.
>
> DBus can work over the network. You just need a to specify a network
> address instead of a local one for DBus communications. Though I'm not
> sure about portability to other platforms as DBus is primarily used in
> Linux based systems (I'm not sure about it's support on Windows). CMIIW.

QtDBus works fine on Windows - at least in 4.8, I don't know about 5.0.

Of course you can't use the binary Qt SDKs as D-Bus is not native to
Windows. You will have to build D-Bus yourself on Windows and then build
your own Qt against it. It is straightforward and there are no quirks to
speak of.

Thomas