[Interest] data locations

Graham Labdon Graham.Labdon at avalonsciences.com
Wed May 22 11:47:02 CEST 2013

Hi
I am developing a desktop application and need to find somewhere to store persistent data. This data needs to be shared with all users of the pc upon which the application is stored.
I have looked at QStandardPaths and the DataLocation, but when I use

    QStringList sl = QStandardPaths::standardLocations(QStandardPaths::DataLocation);

I get 2 paths one to the users AppData/Local folder with the organisation and application names appended and one to C:/ProgramData (again with the names appended)

Now I know that I need to user the second one,

    but am I guaranteed that the this will always be in the second position
    will it work cross platform?
    is there a better way

Thanks for your time

Regards,

Graham Labdon
Senior Software Architect

Email: graham.labdon at avalonsciences.com
Direct Tel: +44 (0) 1458 271035
Avalon House
Somerton Business Park
Somerton, Somerset
TA11 6SB
UK

Company no. 2147892
VAT No. 501 6192 83
Registered in England & Wales
Registered office: Avalon House, Somerton Business Park, Somerton TA11 6SB

Please consider the environment before printing this email

This e-mail message contains information intended for the exclusive use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. It may contain information which is confidential, privileged, proprietary and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this e-mail message is not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately by telephone +44 (0)1458 271000 and destroy and delete the message from your computer. Any disclosure, distribution, use and/or copying of the information or any part of it is strictly prohibited.