[Interest] Container members in abstract base class?

Jonathan Greig redteam316 at gmail.com
Wed May 22 22:42:18 CEST 2013

I did check the qobject_cast docs and noticed that, but I wasn't inheriting
from QObject and haven't needed signals or slots in the items in my scene.
I'm trying to keep the item classes as light as possible for speed and
memory. The items are CAD objects, so "40,000 chips" demo is in line with
what I'm trying to achieve. I'm in charge of GUI/Linux development on
Embroidermodder 2. It's not uncommon to have more than 10,000 stitches in a
design file.

- Swyped from my droid.

On May 22, 2013 3:13 PM, "Andre Somers" <andre at familiesomers.nl> wrote:

Op 22-5-2013 21:34, Thiago Macieira schreef:

> On quarta-feira, 22 de maio de 2013 16.52.29, Jonathan Greig wrote:
>> Thank you André. The dynami...
You're overlooking our very own qobject_cast. That one works on QObject
derived classes without requiring the use of RTTI in the compiler, and
work across library boundaries. So, if your class inherits QObject, I'd
prefer qobject_cast instead.

André