[Interest] Opening Folder location on a linux GUI

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu May 23 20:07:32 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 7:03 PM, Michael Jackson <imikejackson at gmail.com>wrote:

> I would like to be able to show the location of a file in the file system
> on a Linux machine ( I have code for OS X and Windows). Is there something
> built into Qt that I am just missing?
>
> I have found the following links helpful but not really the solution for
> Linux:
>

> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3490336/how-to-reveal-in-finder-or-show-in-explorer-with-qt
> http://lynxline.com/show-in-finder-show-in-explorer/
>
> Thanks

Since Linux has no UI, there's also no filesystem bowser in Linux ;)

AFAIK Qt has no way to do this, since it requires special code for each
filesystem browser you can find on the desktop-app market for Linux. I
guess for KDE's dolphin you could do this with DBus, no idea about nautilus
(or whatever GNOME uses these days) or other filesystem browsers.

Andreas