[Interest] QDockWidget Masking

Shrenik Shah shrenik_shah at ovi.com
Thu May 30 07:51:29 CEST 2013

Dear All,

I have QDockWidget in floating mode (as a child of QMainWindow) which I am trying to mask using QWidget::setMask().

This results in masking the widget's visible area as required however when I try to interact with the background using mouse in the masked area (ie. non visible portion of QDockWidget) click events are still being received by the QDockWidget.

My objective is the achieve a custom shaped QDockWidget floating over QMainWindow and interact with the background widget in the masked region.

Any help/pointers are welcome.

Thanks in Advance.
Shrenik.