[Interest] Why do QPushButton and QCheckBox not support font changes in :hover CSS states?

Philipp Kursawe phil.kursawe at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 20:56:07 CET 2013

Since we cannot easily (with QCSS at least) style QLabels I resorted
to use QPushButtons for clickable items in the canvas and styled them
to look like links. However I would like to set
text-decoration:underline on hover for those type of buttons but it
does not work. I digged into the source code and it seems to be an
oversight that this is not supported. No changes in fonts on :hover
are supported.
Is there a way to make it work anyway? Maybe using a global event
filter for mouseEnter/leave events?