[Interest] Turning on MSAA on a Qml-created Window

Sletta Gunnar Gunnar.Sletta at digia.com
Mon Nov 4 09:34:17 CET 2013

Hi Josh,

This should be possible, but there are a few things to keep in mind. In Qt 5.1 the QQuickWindows all share the same OpenGL context, so you need to request multisampling on the first window you show, before you show it. As a result, all QQuickWindows will get multisampling.

If you open the first ApplicationWindow from QML, use a C++ function to assign it the surface format of your choice before showing the window. The scene graph will pick up the format you specified using QQuickWindow::setFormat() and use that.

cheers,
Gunnar