[Interest] QCamera and QCameraViewFinder

Lopes Yoann Yoann.Lopes at digia.com
Tue Nov 5 11:38:00 CET 2013

Which platform are you on?

Yoann Lopes
Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt
Visit us on: http://qt.digia.com

On Nov 5, 2013, at 7:14 AM, Joshua Grauman wrote:

Hello all,

I setup a basic use of QCamera and QCameraViewFinder that work fine. I
just used the basic example in the docs to capture an image like this:

camera->searchAndLock();      //on half pressed shutter button
imageCapture->capture();      //on shutter button pressed
camera->unlock();             //on shutter button released

and had setup the viewfinder and camera like this:

camera = new QCamera;
viewFinder = new QCameraViewfinder(picture1);
viewFinder->setSizePolicy(QSizePolicy::Maximum,QSizePolicy::Maximum);
viewFinder->setGeometry(picture1->geometry());
imageCapture = new QCameraImageCapture(camera);
connect(imageCapture, SIGNAL(imageCaptured(int, const QImage &)), this, SLOT(gotImage(int, const QImage &)));
camera->setViewfinder(viewFinder);
imageCapture->setCaptureDestination(QCameraImageCapture::CaptureToBuffer);
camera->setCaptureMode(QCamera::CaptureStillImage);

Everything works as expected. The problem is with the exposure settings.
The viewfinder looks how I want it to (properly exposed). But when I
capture the image, it is under-exposed (very dark). I was hoping to get
the picture that is taken to have the same exposure settings as the
viewfinder since it looks fine. Does anyone know why the default settings
for QCamera would be under-exposed in comparison to the viewfinder?
Thanks!

Josh