[Interest] Performance of Qt 5.2 much slower than Qt 5.1?

Sletta Gunnar Gunnar.Sletta at digia.com
Wed Nov 6 15:47:39 CET 2013

Is the time spent rendering gone up or is it something else?

Generally, I see improved rendering performance across the board. If you run the code with QSG_RENDER_TIMING=1 you get some indication of the breakdown of where time is being spent.

Performance of javascript has gone down some since Qt 5.1 as a result of the replacement of the V8 java script engine with our own V4. Work on improving performance here is still ongoing.

cheers,
Gunnar