[Interest] White screen at Qt Quick 5.x application startup

Peter Housel housel at acm.org
Thu Nov 7 01:22:09 CET 2013

With Qt 5.0, I was able to put a raw-format splash screen into my
embedded device's frame buffer, and it would then stay up until the Qt
Quick application code (using the eglfs platform plugin) finished

Starting with Qt 5.1, the application clears the screen to white while
things are loading, overwriting my splash screen. I'm curious 1) what
changed to make this happen, and 2) is there an easy way to override
this behavior? (If not, I can change the application to load more
incrementally, though that would not be my first preference.)

Thanks,
-Peter S. Housel-