[Interest] qtquickcontrols question

Rutledge Shawn Shawn.Rutledge at digia.com
Thu Nov 7 07:29:53 CET 2013

On 6 Nov 2013, at 4:49 PM, Damian Ivanov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a question :)
> http://blog.qt.digia.com/blog/2011/08/26/toplevel-windows-and-menus-with-qt-quick/

That's rather old, about an earlier iteration of the component set that we are shipping with Qt 5.x (x >= 1).  Menu is now multi-purpose and therefore has replaced ContextMenu.

http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.1/qtquickcontrols/qml-qtquick-controls1-menu.html

> I'm trying to use a ContextMenu inside a Window { } but it is an
> unknown type? why? How can I use Menu { } Items inside a Window { } .
> I would also use ApplicationWindow but I need quite every option
> Window { } provides (modality, window flags and stuff)

ApplicationWindow is actually a Window with some extra stuff (menubar, toolbar etc.) so all the same properties are still available.

http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.1/qtquickcontrols/qml-qtquick-controls1-applicationwindow.html