[Interest] OpenGL under QML example does not work with dynamic object creation

Jay Sprenkle jsprenkle at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 17:15:05 CET 2013

Good morning,

Does anyone have time to help debug a problem?

I’m trying to get the OpenGL under QML example to work with dynamic object
creation with no luck.

*The setup:*

I’ve partitioned the app window into a status bar and a display area. The
display area will be used to render output from various Qt plugins. I’ve
tried using the QML Loader object and Qt.createComponent() to dynamically
load the objects from the plugins as needed.

*The problem:*

I’ve duplicated the opengl rendering with qml example. If I load it into
the display area directly it works perfectly. If I load it into the display
area using a Loader it displays nothing. I’ve logged debugging messages and
it’s definitely running. I’ve debugged the app using GDebugger and it
appears to be sending OpenGL calls.

Any ideas?

I was careful to use the correct signal/slot property when connecting the
rendering up;

   1. connect( win, SIGNAL( beforeRendering() ), this, SLOT( paint()
), Qt<http://qt-project.org/doc/Qt.html>
   ::DirectConnection )

My guess was that it's running the code in the wrong thread but I'm not
seeing any error indication that there's no OpenGL context present. Being
new to OpenGL can I assume that I'll get some indication that I'm doing
something obviously wrong?

Thanks

Jay

--