[Interest] Error: Application cannot be started because it failed to load qt platform plugin “eglfs”

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Nov 15 08:55:50 CET 2013

On sexta-feira, 15 de novembro de 2013 07:24:44, Ramakanthreddy Kesireddy
wrote:
> undefined symbol:
> fbDestroyWindow    (/usr/local/qt5/plugins/platforms/libqeglfs.so)
> undefined symbol:
> fbCreateWindow    (/usr/local/qt5/plugins/platforms/libqeglfs.so)
> undefined symbol:
> fbGetDisplayByIndex    (/usr/local/qt5/plugins/platforms/libqeglfs.so)
> undefined symbol:
> fbGetDisplayGeometry    (/usr/local/qt5/plugins/platforms/libqeglfs.so)

I can't find any of those functions getting used anywhere in Qt source code.

The evidence says they're getting called. Therefore, the only conclusion is
that they are called by inline functions from a non-Qt header or from a static
library.

Another important fact to remember is that all Qt plugins and libraries are
linked with -Wl,--no-undefined. That means those functions *were* found at link
time, but not at runtime. That means at least one of the libraries you linked
to are not the same as you're running with.

Please recheck ALL library dependencies of that plugin that come from your
toolchain. You're running against a library different than that which you
compiled with.

Start with the most obvious candidates: the EGL and GLESv2 libraries.