[Interest] C++ enums undefined in QML

Guido Seifert wargand at gmx.de
Fri Nov 15 13:32:58 CET 2013

Hi,
No namespaces and no forgotten import.
It is really strange. The class in which I defined the enums is a QAbstractTableModel,
which I use as model in QML. As I wrote, everything works perfectly, except for the
enums. So the code cannot be that wrong. In another project I managed to use my C++
enums in QML. Now I did the same and it works. So far my problem is solved.

BUT... I don't understand the difference. The solution which works is that I put
the enums in a class of their own. The only differences in the code is that the enum
class inherits QObject and not QAbstractTableModel and the enum class is registered with
qmlRegisterUncreatableType not with qmlRegisterType.

The QObject instead of QAbstractTableModel should not make a difference, since
QAbstractTableModel is also a QObject. And qmlRegisterUncreatableType/qmlRegisterType
should not make a difference either.

Guido