[Interest] QSensor class with iOS

Cezar Menezes cezar at hxgt.com.br
Sat Nov 16 23:58:15 CET 2013

Hello, everyone.

Has any of you succeeded while using QSensor class (or its wrapped classes, such as QAccelerometer or QCompass) with iOS?

In my tests, QSensor class seems to fail when running on iOS devices (with Qt 5.2.0-beta1). I’ve tried several simple test Apps for instantiating and detecting sensors on several devices (iPhone and iPad), with different versions of XCode (4.6.3 and 5.0.1) and iOS (iOS5 , iOS6 and iOS7).

QSensor::sensorTypes() should return a list of available sensors but, instead, returns an empty list. As there aren’t sensors available, QSensor::start() always returns false (failing to start any sensor).

Any feedback from you would be very much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Cezar Menezes