[Interest] QtCreator and Ctrl+Shift bindings

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Nov 18 11:59:02 CET 2013

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 7:42 PM, Thiago Macieira
<thiago.macieira at intel.com>wrote:

> On domingo, 17 de novembro de 2013 20:24:31, Oleg Shalnev wrote:
> > To tell the truth I don't understand why there is no reaction on thi
> > message.
> > May be this problem is not a problem, or it's not interesting to the
> people
> > in this list,
> > or it's a well known feature, or my English is so bad and poor.
> > I have no idea.
>
> Or, the most likely reason: no one knows the reason why you have that
> behaviour.

Well, one problem that I see is that pressing Ctrl+Shift triggers the RTL
direction-change in QtCreator, i.e. left key moves the cursor to the right
and right key to the left. This does not happen in the KDE apps I'm using
but all Qt apps I've tried even though the X11 keyboard config disables the
layout switcher completely as far as I can see.

I couldn't reproduce the behaviour this morning on my Laptop but it happens
all the time on my work machine (QtCreator versions could be different, Qt
is the same on both machines).

However, this does not fully fit the OP's description so not sure thats
what he meant.

Andreas