[Interest] Assistant is slow in my application

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Tue Nov 19 12:27:41 CET 2013

If started for the first time assistant might spend some time on building the search index, though the UI should show up just normally  ...

> Has anyone else experienced this before?
> Anyone got any suggestions as to why it should be slow on the target
> machine?

We had huge delays on Windows XP for non-Administrative users, because the .qch files were first opened with read-write (which failed, apparently after a timeout or s.th.). Fix is in 5.2 :

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,71209

(I guess it could also be trivially backported to Qt 4, though I haven't checked yet).

Regards

Kai