[Interest] QImage::save forces client to open file before call

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Nov 21 16:52:08 CET 2013

On quinta-feira, 21 de novembro de 2013 15:09:33, alexander golks wrote:
> the question now is, why was this change made?

You should have asked that in 2009, shortly after 4.5.0 was released. Now it's
going to be extremely unlikely that anyone remembers why that change was made.

> this change is very strange to me, since it renders this convenience
> function useless.
>
> does anyone have any hints on this?
> should i file a bugreport for this, or was this change intended and why?

I don't think that will help. It's been 5 years since that change was made.

If you think the behaviour is wrong, describe it and ask that it be fixed in a
bug report.

Otherwise, just accept that this is the correct behaviour now.