[Interest] animation problems

Graham Labdon Graham.Labdon at avalonsciences.com
Mon Nov 25 14:57:35 CET 2013

Hi
I am trying to animate the movement of one of my widgets
I have a simple Qt app consists of a main window with a label (done in QDesigner)
The code to move the label is
        QPropertyAnimation animation(ui.label,"geometry");
        animation.setDuration(10000);
        animation.setStartValue(ui.label->rect());
        QRect end = QRect(ui.label->rect().x() - 10,ui.label->y() - 10,ui.label->rect().width(),ui.label->rect().height());
        animation.setEndValue(end);
        animation.start();

Now this does move the label but it is move instantly whereas I thought that by specifying a duration , this would be how long it took to do the animation.

I would be grateful if some could explain what I am doing wrong

Thanks