[Interest] Qt HTTP access to Exchange

Bo Thorsen bthorsen at ics.com
Thu Nov 28 11:28:18 CET 2013

Den 27-11-2013 17:40, Thiago Macieira skrev:
> On quarta-feira, 27 de novembro de 2013 17:39:35, Mandeep Sandhu wrote:
>> Then it might be worth while to use a packet sniffer like wire-shark
>> (or some such) to see if the TCP connection is being abruptly closed
>> (by either client or server) or are you receiving some HTTP response
>> from the exchange server which then leads to the client closing the
>> connection.
>>
>> MS Exchange is known to non-standard compliant behaviour so I wouldn't
>> be surprised if it's doing something unexpected!
>
> I'm also guessing that he's using NTLM authentication. I don't think our code
> is wrong in Qt 4.8, but I wouldn't be surprised if we're wrong.

That's pretty much exactly what I'm thinking.

I have asked about the authentication but haven't heard from them.

I will try and create a small self contained test case that shows the
problem. If there's someone here who thinks he might be able to fix the
problem, I think the customer won't mind if I give out the address of
their exchange machine. But I won't post it to the bug tracker.

Bo.

--
Bo Thorsen, European Engineering Manager, ICS
Integrated Computer Solutions. Delivering World-Class Applications