[Interest] Qt and MSVC 2013

Michael Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 16:34:18 CET 2013

On Nov 28, 2013, at 8:04 AM, Duane <duane.hebert at group-upc.com> wrote:

> On 11/27/2013 8:14 PM, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
>>> Perfectly usable if you're using "only" the compiler and QtCreator as IDE :-)
>>>
>> What's the plugin do exactly? I'm using Qt 4.8 and the VS add-in isn't
>> supported in MSVC 2012 even. I use the VS IDE, Qt Designer launched
>> separately, and edit my PRO/PRI files by hand. I don't seem to be
>> missing out on much.
>

> Same here but the VS add-in seems to work with Qt5.  Qt4 support with
> VS2012 was supposed to be forthcoming but I haven't seen it yet.

The VS Plugin also made the debugger a bit more "sane" in that Qt types were visualized much better in the VS Debugger. I am still on Qt 4.8.5 but would like to use the features of VS2013. Yesterday I compiled Qt 4.8.5 (with the patch for the JavaScript issue) and the resulting Qt _seems_ to run fine (in 64 bit mode) and my project _seems_ to build and execute just fine also. I am going to miss the better display in the debugger though. I use CMake for my project which I guess helps work out all the UIC, MOC and RC issues.

Just my 2Cents
Mike Jackson