[Interest] QtQuick Performance question

Damian Ivanov damianatorrpm at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 12:14:23 CET 2013

Hi all,

If I want to show the current time in QtQuick I would do it like that:
text = Qt.formatDateTime(new Date(), "hh:mm:ss")
    Timer {
        id: clocklTimer
        interval: 500; running: true; repeat: true
        onTriggered: timeChanged()
    }

but now let's say I want in multiple instances of this, that would
mean for every instance there would be a timer running, right? If I
have a c++ plugin which contains the timer and exposes DateTime { }
this would make only one timer run at a time right?

eg. above part in .qml ran multiple times vs
https://github.com/mauios/hawaii-shell/tree/dev/src/client/services/datetime
service used in .qml file

Thanks in advance,
Damian