[Interest] QSettings possible bug on Windows

Alex Malyushytskyy alexmalvtk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 06:30:22 CEST 2013

Thanks Scott for advices,

-  10 times checked that there was no typo

qdesktopservices do not provide path to common application data folder,
only to user specific.
Reason I guess that there is no such concept on unix derived systems.

I finally did write an extension to it which on Windows returns value I am
looking for
basically it is call to SHGetSpecialFolderPath with CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA
parameter.and on Linux returns results obtained with
QDesktopServices::DataLocation

This is supposed to be a right way to dt it anyway (besides extending
qdesktopservices which would be probably even better) ,
but it does not explain problem I see with QSettings

Regards,

Alex

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 8:17 PM, Scott Aron Bloom <scott.bloom at onshorecs.com