[Interest] Cannot enable dragging from QAbstractItemModel

Etienne Sandré-Chardonnal etienne.sandre at m4x.org
Wed Oct 2 00:33:06 CEST 2013

Dear all,

After successfully enabling drag from a QAbstractListModel, I am trying to
do the same with a tree model.

Here is what I did:

//In constructor:
setSupportedDragActions(Qt::CopyAction);

//Qt::ItemFlags Model::flags(const QModelIndex & index) implementation
return Qt::ItemIsEnabled | Qt::ItemIsSelectable | Qt::ItemIsDragEnabled;

I also implemented mimeData() , but it gets never called anyway.

Dragging is not triggered, and items are only selected.

I do not know what to do for enabling drag support? It works well with
QAbstractListModel

Thanks,

Etienne