[Interest] How can i animate Layout.preferredWidth and friends?

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 14:25:54 CEST 2013

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 11:51 AM, Saether Jan-Arve <
Jan-Arve.Saether at digia.com> wrote:

>  Of course it should not crash.****
>
> I get an ASSERT: "mo" in file qml\qqmlvme.cpp, line 849 (this is with
> current stable branch though).****
>
> ** **
>
> I'm a bit curious to know why do you want to animate that property?****
>
> What do you want to achieve?****
>
> ** **
>
> Jan Arve****
>
> ** **

Hi Jan,

What i try to do is animate the (in this case) width. In a simple
description that would be it.
However, i try to animate the with of a component that is within a Layout.
In this case a RowLayout. If i use the width, the RowLayout itself doesn't
update, you can see that in this snippet [1]. Just press the nice orange
square :) What i want for that is to work. I tried animating the
Layout.preferredWidth property because changing the width using that does
update the RowLayout, but then the animation doesn't work.

That's all i'm trying to do.

[1] http://pastebin.kde.org/pxgjxhtza