[Interest] OSX newbie question on Qt5 src build

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Wed Oct 16 11:26:10 CEST 2013

16.10.2013, 11:35, "Mandeep Sandhu" <mandeepsandhu.chd at gmail.com>:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a old iMac running OSX 10.5.8 (Xcode 3.1).
>
> Is it possible to build Qt5 on it or is it tool old a version?
>
> I'm following the guide here, but the minimum version of OSX/Xcode is
> not mentioned (probably there isn't?):
>
> http://qt-project.org/wiki/Building_Qt_5_from_Git
>
> Any tip is appreciated.

OSX 10.5 is not supported by Qt 5, in particular it is not supported by
Mac QPA plugin. If using X11 is not what you want, fork of QPA plugin
will be needed (if you are interested in it I can try to help you, I'm
somewhat interested too).

g++ 4.2 from Xcode 3.1 is old and buggy so it also can make troubles.
You'll need to patch mkspecs to fix -mmacosx-version-min=10.6 also.

--
Regards,
Konstantin