[Interest] OSX newbie question on Qt5 src build

Mandeep Sandhu mandeepsandhu.chd at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 12:50:15 CEST 2013

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 3:07 PM, Till Oliver Knoll
<till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com> wrote:
> Am 16.10.2013 um 09:35 schrieb Mandeep Sandhu <mandeepsandhu.chd at gmail.com>:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have a old iMac running OSX 10.5.8 (Xcode 3.1).
>>
>> Is it possible to build Qt5 on it or is it tool old a version?
>
> Given that not even Snow Leopard 10.6 is supported *for development* anymore (but IIRC you can still *deploy* your Qt applications on 10.6) I don't think you can compile Qt 5.x "out of the box" on OS X < 10.7.
>
> Unless you are prepared to fiddle around with the sources (mostly the Objective C sources which interface with the Cocoa etc. API, I assume) and/or manually upgrade your compiler.

Thanks all for your quick inputs.

I was working on a network related feature in Qt5 and wanted to test
it on a *BDS platform. I had an old iMac handy so thought I could use
it for testing. But I guess now I need to pay Apple for upgrading the
OS on it! :/

-mandeep