[Interest] QTreeView and dynamic sorting

Igor Mironchik igor.mironchik at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 14:46:41 CEST 2013

Hi.

I use QTreeView to display dynamic data. I.e. rows can be inserted
during program execution dynamically and values in some column can be
changed dynamically too. But I need QTreeView to be sorted by the given
by user column when new rows added.

I've connected to the rowsInserted signal:

connect(d->m_model,

	SIGNAL(  rowsInserted(  const  QModelIndex  &,  int,  int  )  ),

	this,  SLOT(  rowsAdded(  QModelIndex,  int,  int  )  )  );

And in the slot I do the next:

void
ChannelView::rowsAdded(  const  QModelIndex  &  parent,  int  start,  int  end  )
{
	Q_UNUSED(  parent  )
	Q_UNUSED(  start  )
	Q_UNUSED(  end  )

	qDebug()  <<  "SORT"  <<  parent  <<  start  <<  end;

	d->m_sortModel->sort(  d->m_sortModel->sortColumn(),
		d->m_sortModel->sortOrder()  );
}

But I see that QTreeView doesn't sorted by the given column when the data in that column is static.

In the debug print I see the next:

SORT QModelIndex(-1,-1,0x0,QObject(0x0)) 0 -1
SORT QModelIndex(-1,-1,0x0,QObject(0x0)) 0 0
SORT QModelIndex(-1,-1,0x0,QObject(0x0)) 1 1
SORT QModelIndex(-1,-1,0x0,QObject(0x0)) 2 2

I've inserted three rows only but rowsInserted emitted four times. Why?

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

--
Best Regards,