[Interest] strange character '&#xd' appended by QTextEdit

baneyue baneyue at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 11:37:39 CEST 2013

Hi guys:

	I use a QTextEdit to edit the style string stored in a xml file like
	this:

		<styles>
				Road {
					stroke: #c1c566;
					stroke-width: 2;
				}
				River {
					stroke: #22aecc;
					stroke-width: 3;
				}
		</styles>

	I retrieved the style text with QDom and put it into a QTextEdit
	using explicitly __QTextEdit.setPlainText()__. Then I change the
	string in QTextEdit, and write back to the style file using the
	string got by __QTextEdit.toPlainText()__.

	But when i change the style string with `id="style_1"` and write
	back to file, all the RESTS style nodes in the xml get one or more
	`additional` characters at the end, which is the strange '&#xd;',
	just like this:

		<styles>
				Road {
					stroke: #c1c566;
					stroke-width: 2;
				}
				River {&#xd;
					stroke: #22aecc;&#xd;
					stroke-width: 3;&#xd;
				}&#xd;
		</styles>

	I've found some similiar situation on the stackoverflow[1], the
	answer marked with `Correct` suggested that the xml node should keep
	all characters in **one** line, but i really need to store it in a
	__stuctured__ way **WITHOUT** the `&#xd;`.

	So, what should I do to achieve this.

	[1]:
	stackoverflow.com/questions/848841/c-sharp-xslt-transform-adding-xa-and-xd-to-the-output/849617#849617

	Regards,
		baneyue