[Interest] QMake: customize MSVC linker options

André Hartmann andre.hartmann at iseg-hv.de
Fri Oct 18 13:18:23 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I'm using the MS Visual C++ 10 Compiler under Windows 7 64 bit.

I'd like to build simple C console applications with qmake istead of
writing own makefiles.

I want to achive something like:

	link /Zi main.o dependency.o testape.lib

This is my simple QMake PRO file:

TEMPLATE = app
CONFIG += console
CONFIG -= app_bundle
CONFIG -= qt

LIBS += testape.lib

QMAKE_LFLAGS = /Zi

SOURCES += main.c

Which gives me the following linker command line:

link /Zi /DEBUG /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE "/MANIFESTDEPENDENCY:type='win32'
	name='Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls' version='6.0.0.0'
	publicKeyToken='6595b64144ccf1df' language='*'
	processorArchitecture='*'"
	/MANIFEST /MANIFESTFILE:"debug\HelloQmake.intermediate.manifest"
	/OUT:debug\HelloQmake.exe @C:\Temp\nm41B7.tmp

Now I have the following questions:

1. Can I get rid of the whole manifest options, and if yes, how?

2. I guess, the list of object file is given to link.exe by the file
C:\Temp\nm41B7.tmp. Is this correct?

Thanks and best regards,
André