[Interest] Qt Webkit and HTML5 geolocation

Tom Isaacson Tom.Isaacson at navico.com
Mon Oct 21 00:23:30 CEST 2013

>> Once I've built this, how do i "rebuild qtwebkit so it finds
>> QtLocation"? I can see an ENABLE_GEOLOCATION flag in the source but
>> there's no obvious way of specifying this. Does QtWebkit have a separate config system to Qt?

>I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure the build system will pick this up automatically once Qt Location is installed.

>See src/3rdparty/webkit/Sources/WebCore/features.pri

I still couldn't get geolocation working in the browser. My compiled libQtWebKit.so and browser application was linked against libQtLocation, however when running html5 tests it says geolocation is not supported. I also tried linking with the sensors module from QtMobility for device orientation, and that did work, which makes me wonder why geolocation isn't working.

Is there some specific way of getting Qt 4.8.2 Webkit to notice QtMobility?

Thanks,

Tom Isaacson