[Interest] Making a "popup" QLineEdit

Etienne Sandré-Chardonnal etienne.sandre at m4x.org
Mon Oct 21 19:52:09 CEST 2013

Le vendredi 18 octobre 2013, Konrad Rosenbaum a écrit :

> **
>
> Hi,
>

> On Friday 18 October 2013 14:05:07 Etienne Sandré-Chardonnal wrote:
>
> > I want to do the following GUI element : a QLineEdit which popups when
> some
>
> > control is clicked, allowing the user for text input, and which hides
> when
>
> > enter is pressed, or when the user clicks outside the QLineEdit.
>

> I'm not sure this is a good idea. It may look extremely odd.

Actually, not that much : look at MS Excel when a number with too much
digits is entered in a cell, with non-empty neighbor cells. It rounds the
number to the nearest number fitting in the cell space. When the cell is
edited, it popups a line edit which expands over the next cells to allow a
full digits editing. Much better than a too short line edit, where the user
requires scrolling with the cursor for viewing all digits.

Thanks for all your suggestions, I will try that.

Etienne