[Interest] Run Console and windows screen

K. Frank kfrank29.c at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 23:20:55 CEST 2013

Hi Daniel!

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 12:24 PM, Daniel Mota
<danielmota.producao at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> just a small question:
>
> Is it possible to run a form and a console screen simultaneously?

Yes, it is -- at least on windows.

If you add CONFIG += console to a regular gui Qt .pro file,
your program will open up a console window (in addition to
displaying its gui) when it starts up.  If you write to cout
(stdout) it will show up in the console.  (I haven't tried reading
from cin from a console attached to a Qt gui app.)

I've done this with Qt 4.8 on windows.  I don't know about
Qt 5, but I expect that it will work the same.

> Thanks
>
> Daniel

Good luck.

K. Frank