[Interest] Does Qt5 support multiple touch devices for X Window?

Leslie Zhai xiangzhai83 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 08:09:21 CET 2013

Hi qt developers && users,

Does Qt5 support multiple touch devices for X Window?

For example, 9 projected capacitive touch screen devices experienced as
a super big touch screen, shown as below link:
https://raw.github.com/xiangzhai/myblog/master/MTX11-Note/mtm.jpg

When I touched the FIRST screen, X Window rendered the mouse in the
FIRST monitor, but touched the second or others, X Window still rendered
it in the FIRST monitor, X Window fail to transform the coordinate matrix.

I sent an email to xorg-devel
http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2013-October/038263.html and a
nice people named Peter gave me some advice about XSetWacom
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/linuxwacom/index.php?title=Dual_and_Multi-Monitor_Set_Up

But I prefer to use read /dev/input/eventX file descriptor based on
Linux Multi-Touch Protocol B
https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/input/multi-touch-protocol.txt
And handled multiply touch devices simultaneously, when got
ABS_MT_POSITION_X and ABS_MT_POSITION_Y, transformed the corrdinate
based on the touch device (Monitor) logical position
https://raw.github.com/xiangzhai/myblog/master/MTX11-Note/MT.conf

Is there a common way provided by Qt5? Please someone give me some
advice, thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Leslie