[Interest] [OT] Re: 64 bit capable QVector

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 08:37:41 CEST 2013

Am 04.09.2013 um 03:27 schrieb Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>:

> Other 64-bit architectures are similar, with maybe different number of bits.
> For example, the Intel Itanium 2 has 50 bits of physical memory addressing

Damn! I /knew/ it! I'm a fashion victim!

So "64 bit" CPUs are in reality just crippled 50 bit CPUs and "64 bit applications" (did someone count and check the bits there yet?!) become all greedy and allocate memory "just in case", forcing me to buy more "50 bit RAM", grrrr...!

;)

Cheers,
  Oliver

P.S. The much nicer API of the Qt Container classes (compared[] -> to<<STL *>>) hasn't been mentioned yet