[Interest] [OT] Re: Qt Application deployment across platforms

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 08:50:04 CEST 2013

Am 04.09.2013 um 08:37 schrieb Ramakanthreddy Kesireddy <Ramakanthreddy.Kesireddy at techmahindra.com>:

> I would like to know if I develop a Qt application, can it be deployed across platforms like linux,OSX and Android  without recompiling for
> Specific platform like that of HTML5 application.?

Yes, off course! As you know, C/C++ is not much different than HTML, and everyone using a compiler, or even a linker, is terribly exagerating and complicating things!

So all you need to do is place your C++ code in a Virtual Machine, but make sure the Virtual Hardisk does not run out of Real Space - so you want to make your Virtual Machine reaaal big! Like 16 to 32 GByte. That even fits into a cheap mobile phone!

You can then easily distribute your Virtual Image by email. But beware of crippled 50 bit CPUs which have a "64 bit inside!" sticker on them!

;)

Good luck!
  Oliver