[Interest] Qt Application deployment across platforms

Samuel Stirtzel s.stirtzel at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 4 09:04:13 CEST 2013

2013/9/4 Ramakanthreddy Kesireddy <Ramakanthreddy.Kesireddy at techmahindra.com>:
> Hi,
>

> I would like to know if I develop a Qt application, can it be deployed
> across platforms like linux,OSX and Android  without recompiling for
>
> Specific platform like that of HTML5 application.?

Hi,
Emscripten[1] might be worth a look, it uses LLVM to compile to
JavaScript which then can be executed in any browser on any system
without recompiling.

There are also Qt demos, but they are hosted on a system that is not
always reachable, see [2]
TBH I am not sure how usable this is, most of the Qt demos were
running nice on my Ubuntu and Windows desktop though.

[1] https://github.com/kripken/emscripten/wiki
[2] http://vps2.etotheipiplusone.com:30176/redmine/projects/emscripten-qt/wiki/Demos

--
Regards