[Interest] Best choice for android/iOS/Windows/Mac

Phil Hannent phil at hannent.co.uk
Wed Sep 4 16:44:02 CEST 2013

Good afternoon,

On 2 September 2013 23:07, Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi <mbnoimi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 09/02/2013 05:22 PM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
>> Widgets won't be supported on mobile platforms.
> How they won't be supported?! They already work!
>
>> They will compile, but they
>> will produce very ugly UIs.
> I successfully compiled my fist test
> https://github.com/mbnoimi/SimpleInvoice yesterday and it looked
> perfectly similar to desktop disto (Cleanlooks) so it's not ugly at all!
>
> P.S. I only faced a tiny problem with Modal dialogs as mentioned in:
> https://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/32025/
Firefox and I have forgotten our login details for that site so I'll
just post here for expediency:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12645880/fullscreen-for-qdialog-from-within-mainwindow-only-working-sometimes

QDialog* d = new QDialog();
    d->setModal(false);
    d->show();

    const QString session = QString(getenv("DESKTOP_SESSION")).toLower();
    QByteArray geometry;
    if (session == "ubuntu") {
        geometry = _d->saveGeometry();
        d->setFixedSize(qApp->desktop()->size());
        d->setWindowFlags(Qt::FramelessWindowHint);
        d->setWindowState( d->windowState() | Qt::WindowFullScreen);
        d->show();
        d->activateWindow();
    } else {
        d->showFullScreen();
    }

Perhaps you need to be setting a frameless window flag would help?

Regards
Phil Hannent