[Interest] Windows application runs with console window

Etienne Sandré-Chardonnal etienne.sandre at m4x.org
Thu Sep 5 22:05:45 CEST 2013

Hi Igor,

You can check this:
1) Are you sure you do not have CONFIG += console somewhere?
2) Go to the "Projects" view, look at run settings in your kit. There is a
checkbox "Run in terminal" which activates a console. I'm using Qt Creator
2.6.0, so maybe the GUI has changed and it's not exactly at the same place.

You can also call FreeConsole() from <windows.h> in your main function,
this removes the console under windows. Normally it's only necessary if you
configured the project with CONFIG += console (useful for hybrid
console/GUI apps)

Etienne