[Interest] Making an ORM Library

Michael Dougras Silva micdoug.silva at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 15:32:29 CEST 2013

Hi,

I am making an ORM library for Qt using the meta-object system to store
informations about the classes to be mapped. I am using defines like
Q_PROPERTY() with parameters that generates inline functions returning the
meta information, helping me to register this informations on meta-object
system.

This works for now, but I thinking that all classes to be mapped have to be
QObject derivated, thus store this classes in Qt containers isn't possible.

There are a way to use the meta-object system without derivating from
QObject? If not, I thinking to make an application like moc that generates
code for storing the meta information, thus making possible to use the
classes mapped without deriving from QObject. What do you thinking about
this?

Thanks, (sorry for my poor English)