[Interest] MultiCast problem. QAbstractSocket::ShareAddress no effect?

Mandeep Sandhu mandeepsandhu.chd at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 14:36:26 CEST 2013

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 5:39 PM, Guido Seifert <wargand at gmx.de> wrote:

> QAbstractSocket::AddressInUseError "The bound address is already in use"
>
> As I said: The QAbstractSocket::ShareAddress mode has not effect.

This SO QnA throws some light on the murky world of SO_REUSEADDR! :)

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14388706/socket-options-so-reuseaddr-and-so-reuseport-how-do-they-differ-do-they-mean-t

Though according to this answer, it's possible to bind more than 1 UDP
socket to the exact same host:port combo as long as all of them use
SO_REUSEADDR _before_ binding (which is what your code is doing I think?).

Could be a regression as Thiago mentioned.

-mandeep