[Interest] QML Action source

Daiwei Li daiweili at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 01:45:17 CEST 2013

Hello,

I'm investigating adding analytics to my QML application and would like to
differentiate between reasons why an action is triggered, e.g. from a
MenuItem vs keyboard shortcut vs Button press. Looking at qquickaction.cpp,
this information does not seem to be made available.

What would be the best bet for getting access to this info? I'm thinking of
adding an eventSource parameter to the triggered signal that would contain
the objectName of the object or "shortcut+" + shortcut if it was triggered
by a shortcut, but would be happy to hear other suggestions.

Thanks,
Daiwei