[Interest] QUdpSocket broken?

Jason H scorp1us at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 11 17:22:19 CEST 2013

Yeah, I knew Qt5 was going to take Qt in a direction that was not going to be a good one. We've got too many projects and not enough people to support them. Yes, QML is cool but it shouldn't be done at the expense of things like Udp Sockets. Support the existing market.

Adding to that Qt5 barely works*... I don't know when people will get back to supporting core features.

*By barely works, nothing I try to do aside from Rectangles works. GPS doesn't work, 3D doesn't work, Again they are re-doing the QML rendering mainloop. It's not working equivalently on all platforms yet.

Qt4 forever! The thing I liked about Qt4 is it all just works, consistently and well.