[Interest] on plugins and qtuiotouch

Andrea Franceschini therealmorpheu5 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 15:26:31 CEST 2013

Hi there, I hope you'll excuse me if this message is half-OT, but I
believe its other half is pertinent here :) Anyway.

I've managed to compile qtuiotouch
(https://github.com/dancasimiro/qtuiotouch/) on OS X (10.8.4, ftr)
using Qt 5.1.0 by applying some changes to its CMakeLists.txt file
(btw, not in Dan's repo yet, you can have a look at it on mine
https://github.com/Morpheu5/qtuiotouch/ and bear in mind that I've
also changed the MODULE at the end to read SHARED because it was
making a shared object (.so) file and not a dinamically linked library
(.dylib) like the ones I've seen among Qt's own plugins.

Then, as per Dan's instructions, I went ahead and compiled his demo
application, and instructed Qt Creator to run it with arguments
-plugin TuioTouch. I then fired up my old faithful TUIO emitter, which
I've successfully used before in other contexts, and watched the whole
thing fail miserably.

I then modified the cli arguments to include the actual path of the
libqtuiotouch.dylib file because that TuioTouch looked suspicious all
alone. After all, the file sat in its build directory, how in the
world would my application know where to look? It still failed. I then
proceeded to make a symlink inside Qt/5.1.0/clang_64/plugins/ and
reverted to using TuioTouch instead of the full path. Still nothing.

Now, I'm both unfamiliar with Qt's plugins and with qtuiotouch, so I
would appreciate some suggestions, here :)

--
Andrea Franceschini