[Interest] Qt for digital tabletop applications

Andrea Franceschini therealmorpheu5 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 15:18:37 CEST 2013

2013/9/18 Rutledge Shawn <Shawn.Rutledge at digia.com>:

> Well, I used PinchArea to zoom each item, but if you want to zoom the whole screen I guess you only need one.

Yes, I guess I only need that. My only question is: would the pinch
gesture also handle dragging? I'd be very happy if I could zoom-drag
the whole thing at the same time, but given that I don't need
single-finger strokes in the empty area, I could use the Flickable
thing and be done with it.

> Arbitrary multi-finger interactions are possible with MultiPointTouchArea but it's a little more complex to use.

Would I need to write my own detection code? I could probably do that.

> That looks like fun.  It should be doable, but as you say drawing and recognizing a path will have to be some custom work I think.  IMO path drawing is basic enough that we ought to have it in QtQuick some day - no promises of course.  ;-)

Of course :)

I was actually hoping to find something like Apple's iOS gestural
framework which is so far the closest thing to what I need. In that
case you can attach gesture recognizers to views (views are simply
whatever visual object you draw on the screen) and the whole thing is
handled in a sort of graphical scene kind of way with a view hierarchy
that implicitly sets priorities for gestures. Unfortunately that
doesn't even work for plain old Cocoa so I'm completely out of luck.

2013/9/18 Casimiro, Daniel C CIV NUWC NWPT <daniel.casimiro at navy.mil>:

> I developed qtuiotouch for use with QML apps. The plugin works better with QML/Quick  apps than traditional QWidget applications.

Awesome! I'm going to test this on the big screen in the next few hours.

--
Andrea Franceschini