[Interest] Determining WLAN connection status and connected SSID

noname freekee1 at gmx.de
Mon Sep 23 10:51:51 CEST 2013

Hi everyone,

I'm currently trying to a) detect if a device (Android in my case) is
connected to a WLAN, and b) if it is, get the network's SSID. Is there a
Qt-way to do so?
I've tried getting all QNetworkConfigurations
(QNetworkConfigurationManager::allConnections()), and there's exactly
one resulting QNetworkConfiguration. It says bearerType() == 'Unknown'
if connected via UMTS or bearerType() == 'Ethernet' if connected via
WLAN. That doesn't make much sense to me, but the state is 'Active' and
the type is 'InternetAccessPoint', which seems correct. Qt version used
is 5.1.1 and tested on Android 4.3 (Galaxy Nexus).
Did I do something wrong here or go the wrong way about getting the
infos I need?

Many thanks in advance for any advice!

kind regards