[Interest] qt on git dev branch does not compile for mips

Narayanarao Rao nari01 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 12:57:11 CEST 2013

I wanted to try out the new scenegraphrenderer performance on our MIPS
embedded platform. I have a working Qt 5.0 build on our platform. When I
tried to compile, I got couple of compile errors in qtbase, which I worked
around. However, qtdeclarative fails with

*n file included from jsruntime/qv4engine.cpp:71:*
*compiler/qv4isel_masm_p.h:219:2: error: #error The JIT needs to be ported
to this platform.*
*compiler/qv4isel_masm_p.h:229:2: error: #error Stack alignment unknown for
this platform.*

Looking at the code there, this seems to be intentional. MIPS does not have
JIT implemented yet. I tried to disable JIT by hardcoding in some pri files
but that did not work - I was seeing some error like LLIntCode undeclared (
I guess it was trying to use the LLINT path but not working. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Narayan