[Interest] Process for building Qt on windows 64bit

Constantin Makshin cmakshin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 06:10:37 CEST 2013

Here is what I use to build Qt4 on Windows, both 32-bit and 64-bit
versions. May look somewhat [over]complicated, but:
1) roots of this "project" come from times when Qt4 was young and needed
either commercial license or 3rd-party patches to be compiled using MSVC
toolchain;
2) I keep both builds under the same root directory (directories with
64-bit binaries have "64" suffix, i.e. "bin64", "lib64" and "plugins64")
outside the source tree and the script takes care of path management and
other similar routine/boring stuff;
3) after all these years of Qt4's existence I'm simply used to this way
of building it. :)