[Interest] QtConcurrent::map with a member function and a list of pointers

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Sep 26 03:42:56 CEST 2013

On quinta-feira, 26 de setembro de 2013 00:34:35, Etienne Sandré-Chardonnal
wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have a list of pointers : QList<MyClass*> list;
>
> MyClass has a load() function
>
> Now I would like to call something like QtConcurrent::map(list,
> &Myclass::load), but this does not work, as it would with a list of Myclass
> object instead of pointers.
>
> Is there any way to make this work in one line without a wrapper?

	QtConcurrent::map(list, [](MyClass *ptr) { ptr->load(); });

Lambdas are supported in GCC 4.5, Clang 3.1, ICC 12, MSVC 2010. All of those
compilers are a couple of years old, so it should be acceptable for you to use
lambdas.